Re: RE: [mylyn-dev] code freeze

There is no technical problem with branching but it causes additional
releng overhead on my end. In addition to branching over 200 projects
in the sometimes slow Eclipse.org cvs it requires updating of map
files, creation of new workspaces and potentially back-porting of
fixes.

We can discuss investing in further automation of this process but for
the past three years freezing cvs for a short period of time hasn't
been a problem and was the better trade of in terms of overhead.

I have added an item to next weeks meeting agenda to discuss whether
the policy should be changed.

Steffen