[mylyn-dev] RE: [mylyn-integrators] Mylyn WikiText component

That's good to hear Ketan.

Currently the only way to make the markup disappear is if you click the
Preview tab, in which case the markup is rendered as HTML.  David Green and
I had some additional conversation about this, and thought that going with
the rich markup mode was the best compromise.  But I could imagine something
like the following:
* Provide a "Hide Markup" button.
* For inserting new markup, Ctrl+Space or a toolbar button is used
* In this mode, the markup does not appear in the source viewer, but does
appear in the backing document.

There is trickiness with this approach.  For example, if I start hitting
backspace over something that has nested markup, at some point the markup
has to get deleted.  For example, Microsoft Word still has usability issues
with these ranges of markup, which is why sometimes a word will become bold
if it gets into a stray markup region due to deleting characters or
paragraphs.  But it could be that a few simple heuristics here would be
sufficient.

David: have you considered a "Hide Markup" mode?

Mik

Back to the top