[mylyn-dev] tips on efficent read access to Task attributes

Hi,
I'm writing a couple of grid-tree views to help understand and edit Jira tasks, seen by Mylyn.

The grid has columns for some Jira attributes that are not part of the ITask API
- JIRA Component, Fix Version, and a few custom JIRA fields.

Please can someone give me tips on how to efficienly access TaskAttribute values that are not given by the ITask API.

So far I have been able to get attributes from TaskData. While this works, it is slow and its clear that TaskData isn't intended for frequent read access to TaskAttributes, so I'd like to find a more efficient way, that fits with how Mylyn is designed. - TaskData looks like it is intended to back task editing pages, not every task show in a grid of 100s of tasks.
- TaskData is loaded from XML every time you ask for it

AbstractTask has an attribute Map, would it a sensible approach be to put the few values I need to read often there - hoisting them up from TaskData ?
- If so please advise on how to keep this view of attribute values in-sync
- What listeners and calbacks should I use to faithfully track the real attribute values
- Idealy I'd like to see saved values (outgoing changes)

(In case you are interested, I'm using Nebula grid widget: http://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/grid/grid.php )

Thanks,
Mark

Back to the top