Re: [mylyn-dev] Google Calendar Integration

Yes, Google Calendar would essentially be used as a task/milestones repository. Also, the ability to share tasks and calendars comes inherently with it.

I forgot to add that I think there are some commercial products that offer similar features, but this project would of course be completely open source.

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Justin:
this sounds like an interesting idea indeed!
Would you see the Google calendar as a mylyn task repository then?

--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design (tm) - http://www.nexb.com
http://easyeclipse.org - http://phpeclipse.net - http://eclipse.org/atf -
http://eclipse.org/vep - http://labs.jboss.org/drools/ - http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner

-----Original Message-----
From: mylyn-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mylyn-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin Lin
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:15 AM
To: mylyn-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mylyn-dev] Google Calendar Integration

Hi, I'm a student at the University of Waterloo, and I've applied for the Google Summer of Code 2008.

I'd like to get some input on this project proposal:

Google Calendar access for Mylyn

This project aims to integrate Google Calendar into the Eclipse framework. The interface would consist of a calendar panel where you could toggle between a Calendar, an agenda, and a Gantt Chart. This can be used as list of events/tasks/milestones. Users would have ability to add/remove events/tasks. Also, you would be able to add/remove calendars, and all this would be tied to the user's own Google account. This could be very useful for scheduling and project management. An additional feature would be to be able to aggregate data from RSS/Atom feeds and have that appear in the same window or a different one.

Criticism and ideas are all appreciated.

Justin Lin