[mylyn-dev] Mylyn responsiveness

Dear Mylyn developers,

We have a big issue with Mylyn: when we load 300-500 projects into Eclipse and try activating a task, Eclipse becomes very slow. Without a task active - it works fine.

To me it's an indication of Mylyn trying to capture too much data. I'd rather control what Mylyn does capture and it does not, so that I can ease the burden. Unfortunately - there is no declarative way (via preferences, etc.) of configuring the recorded events. I thing it will be beneficial to provide such configuration facility in Mylyn 3.x.

Back to the top