Re: [mylyn-dev] Bug or Feature

Hi,

I was just wondering about how this worked as well and would like to suggest that there could be an option for keeping the interest level of what I select as a landmark consistent even if its associated editor / viewer is closed.

For example, when working with actionscript the 'end product' is a swf file within that project which when it is run is launched within its own editor in the workspace.

So in that project the swf often needs to be closed whilst coding because it can take up a significant chunk of processor time and memory (or it may contain media like audio or video which i dont want to leave running because theyre a distraction while coding). This doesnt mean that is any less interesting within that context.

I think that if I have actually marked something as a landmark by hand then my input should be 'trusted' no matter what I do with the landmark in future (apart from of course manually marking it unimportant within this context)

You could call the option 'Always keep landmarks in context' or something like that.

I understand that there is the existing option of managing open editors but I dont want to forego that useful feature just because some of my files dont fit into the current scheme. :)

thanks,

Martin

Jevgeni Holodkov wrote:
 The reason is that Mylyn by default thinks that if you have closed
your editor, then you have lost the interest in it, even if it was a
landmark. You can disable this feature via Window > Preferences >
Mylyn > Context - disable Manage open editors with task context.

Back to the top