RE: [mylyn-dev] tracking of api changes

Agreed.

Contributors: please note that for the time being we are committed to not
making any breaking API changes.  As part of the 3.0 planning we will decide
when we merge backwards compatible changes into breaking changes, but for
now we are limited to the changes that are very well described by Jim des
Rivières' excellent document:

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Evolving_Java-based_APIs

All contributors making patches to or with commit rights on API components
need to read this document.  I'm brushing up on it myself since Jim has
added some good content on generics.

Steffen: I like your options (2) and (3) and suggest you create both the 2.0
and 3.0 porting documents.  On the Mylyn Porting Guide we can link both
documents and relevant resources like those from Eclipsepedia's API Central.

Mik