[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[mylyn-dev] Re: Update-Site, builds with new feature name?
- From: Jörg Thönnes <Joerg.Thoennes@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:56:29 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsgroups: eclipse.tools.mylyn
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20070604 Thunderbird/220.127.116.11 Mnenhy/0.7.5.0
On 06/14/07 17:02, Mik Kersten wrote:
> We are done with the source code rename, related restructuring, and most
> importantly the transitioning mechanism:
> 192308: invalidate previous Mylar installs when updating to Mylyn
> The current plan is:
> * 3.3 Dev build today
> * 3.3 Dev/RC1 preview build tomorrow
> * 3.2 and 3.3 RC1 build Monday the 18th (the 3.2 backport will be very
> involved this time due to the rename)
Will there be a 3.2 Mylyn, or will it stay named as Mylar to allow upgrades?
Is the Mylar plugin still upgradable to Mylyn, or does it mean a re-install?
IMHO, the procedure:
* Export Tasks
* Uninstall Mylar
* Install Mylyn
* Import Tasks
should also work. It is not as smooth, but the rename is not happening every day, though.
> Jörg von Frantzius wrote:
>> on the Mylyn project page, in the download section the URL still
>> carries the name "mylar".
>> Do there exist any estimates as to when proper Mylyn dev builds will
>> be available, and on what update site URL?