Re: [mylyn-context-dev] MFT and EMF Client Platform

On 04.02.2013 19:46, Miles Parker wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> MFT simply uses whatever URI your model uses. So for workspace resources, for example, it'll use:  StructureHandle="platform:/resource/org.eclipse.mylyn.modeling.tests.ecorediagram/model/library.ecore#//Library" which would of course work fine when sharing across workspaces with the same project structure. So at first glance it looks to me like something to do with the way that EMF Client is storing those references.

Indeed. I'm not familiar with EMF Store, but I wonder if they don't have
their own URI scheme and resolution strategy that would hide the actual file
location similar to the platform:/resource/ URIs for workspace resources.

That said, we could probably handle file URIs a bit better by making them
relative to the workspace location. I'll raise a bugzilla to discuss that.

Back to the top