Re: [mylyn-commons-dev] Question about httpcomponents.httpcore and httpclient versions

Hi,

the current plan is to update to the latest HttpClient 4.2.x (the one that's available in Orbit). We haven't done it, yet, but are tracking the update on this bug and I'm confident that we can do it for the next Luna milestone:

381543: update dependencies to HttpClient 4.2

The main driver for the update is improved authentication support for NTLM.

I haven't looked at the 4.3 change log but in the past we have generally tried to stay on a current version. It looks like HttpClient is still 4.3-beta2 (while HttpCore 4.3 is already released). Assuming that HttpClient 4.3 is released in the next few month I would be open to moving Mylyn up as well but we haven't discussed it, yet.

I think it's great if Mylyn/platform/ECF synchronize on the matured 4.2.5 release of HttpClient for now and revisit updating to 4.3 once it's released.

HTH,

Steffen