RE: [mylar-dev] Disabling automatic expansion of folded items

You can disable the automatic folding via the toolbar button next to "Toggle Mark Occurences".  But that will mean that Eclipse's default folding policy (set in the preferences) is used, and that you will not get the benefit of having uninteresting things folded away.

In the Java Editor I navigate almost exclusively with the keyboard as well, but to get from one part of the file to another I always use Ctrl+O.  I really like that UI and it has the nice benefit of not selecting uninteresting things on the way to another element.  Would that work for you?

Btw, it would be great to collect all of your experiences in using Mylar without the mouse because it will help us with ensuring that our UI is accessible.  Many of our users have asked for things to be accessible via keyboard so I think we should have most or all of the actions covered, but please let us know via a bug report if that's not the case.  Also, you could consider adding a User Guide section along the lines of "Keyboard Only Usage".

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_User_Guide

Mik