[mylar-dev] Request for comments on wiki integration with Mylar task editor

looks like my earlier post to the Mylar newsgroup didn't make its way to this list.  Here's the message:
--------------------------
Hi All,

I'm doing a GSoC project that is going to enhance the task editor with wiki integration.  Please check out the project wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Plugin_for_DrProject for more details.

On that page, there's a list of use cases of the wiki facilities that have been considered (also copied below).  I'd appreciate comments and suggestions on ideas of what could be done to make it convenient for editing and presenting wiki content.

Here's the list:
* Provide a HTML-based widget for rendering wiki-formatted text.  This might involve writing a simple wiki rendering engine as a prototype.  Limitation of HTML is that we can't link to structured elements within Eclipse ( e.g. Java elements in stack traces, other tasks).

* Provide a rich/styled text widget that renders the basic wiki syntax, provides rich editing, but has wiki formatting underneath so that the Trac server gets wiki text.  Benefit is that this can fully link to elements within Eclipse.

* Provide button widgets for automatically inserting wiki markup characters in input text, the same as those in the web-based interface, and a preview button that renders the ticket preview.  This provides similar user experience as using the web-based interface.

* Provide content assistant similar to that in Eclipse Java IDE that facilitates editing wiki markup syntax.

Any comments are very welcome.

Thanks again,
Xiaoyang

Back to the top