RE: [mylar-dev] Mylar source code navigation.

Hi Naveed,

The effort of the committers is focused on improving and refactoring the
code to make it more clear, and to make it look as much as possible like the
design.  We realize that additional documentation and conceptual overviews
are also helpful and encourage integrators to provide those while they are
in the process of understanding the code.  If you find visual depictions of
classes (e.g. UML static structure diagrams) helpful, we encourage you to
contribute this to the integrator reference:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Integrator_Reference

But the best thing is to ask questions on this list, as you have done.  The
thing that won't be clear from any diagram is that we see the Task List
moving more towards a tree-view style interaction than a table viewer, in
order to keep it as simple and quick to work with as possible.  For this
reason we have been moving information that would normally go into columns
and putting it into our custom tooltips.  If you let us know what kind of
information you are trying to add, we can discuss the recommended way to
show it.  The common options are icons and decorators, summary text prefixes
and suffices, and custom tooltips.

Mik