Re: [mylar-dev] Developing Mylar on Eclipse

 First of all CVS HEAD requires Eclipse 3.3M6

You can checkout from e_3_2 branch if you need version for Eclipse 3.2. The wiki page has separate project set for that branch.

See "Self hosting" section for instruction how to run/debug Mylar from within Eclipse. The key point is that you should use "Eclipse Application" as a launch configuration type. http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Self-hosting

See Build Section on the same wiki page with the instructions how to build the distribution. http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Building_a_distribution

 regards,
 Eugene

Naveed Jauhar wrote:
Thank you for replying Eugene. I have followed the instructions found at:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Workspace

1) My JRE is up to date and the J2SE points to the JRE correctly.
2) I have downloaded the entire source head from the cvs. I need to modify the bugzilla UI and Connector to implement the changes needed for our needs. I then need to compile the plugin into a jar to use it internally at my workplace.

3) I have tried running the source as a java 5 application. However, i don't think that's the path to follow. Firstly, the compiler throws about 5000 errors before it crashes. Also, I am not sure how the java 5 run command will create a 3.2 workbunch to test the plugin.

4) I have also tried making a sample "Hello World" PDE application and linking the mylar source to the source folder. That also throws 500+ errors.

5) The ANT build files are not being created using the pde tools options either.

Again, I am sure I am making this more complicated than it's really is. The source should be able to compile and run with little effore, since active modification and development takes place on a daily basis. I have also tried reading up on PDE dev environment, but that doesn't lead me anywhere.
Any help/suggestion will be immensely appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Naveed

Back to the top