Re: [mylar-dev] Developing Mylar on Eclipse

You may want to read trough instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Contributor_Reference#Workspace

The easiest way is just import recommended project set. There will be more projects then you need, but it is just easy. Alternatively you can actually look at the errors and checkout required dependencies one by one. Note that when checking out from CVS head you can't really use Mylar plugins installed in your Eclipse as dependencies, because internal API fade away really quick.

 regards,
 Eugene

Naveed Jauhar wrote:

Hi,

I am a newbie to plugin development on Eclipse. I need to modify the mylar bugzilla connector for our usage. I have already identified the code that needs to be changed to make the modification. However, I am having problems compiling and running the mylar code in eclipse.

Any Help or suggestions will be immensely appreciated.

For reference, I have tried the following so far:

1) Downloaded the code from cvs.

2) Made a java application project and tried compiling the code. No luck. It throws about 5000 errors.

3) Made a sample pde project and linked the source to that project. no luck there either.

4) I am sure the source comes ready to be compiled on Eclipse, I am just not sure how to go about compiling it.

Again any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am using Eclipse 3.2 with JRE 1.5.0.2.

Warm Regards,
Naveed