Re: [mylar-dev] Question about uploading monitor files to server

Hi Glenn,

As I understand, the org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage plugin is
available from cvs and the dev builds, but has never been part of the
default Mylar install.  You can certainly still build and deploy it.

We are actively working on converting this plugin to use servlets,
however, if you need to get started right away you can use the version
that is currently in cvs.  I'm not sure when the change to using
servlets will be completed because I'm having trouble getting Tomcat
running on mylar.eclipse.org (a virtual server) and I don't want to
submit the changes until I have tested with that server.

If you have the plugins installed (org.eclipse.mylar.monitor and
org.eclipse.mylar.monitor.usage), you have to enable the monitor on
the preference page (Window->Preferences->Mylar->Monitor - "Enable
logging to") or programmatically by setting the preference
MylarMonitorPreferenceConstants.PREF_MONITORING_ENABLED	 to be true
(searching for that preference will find examples...).

The monitor-history.xml file will then be created in
yourWorkspace/.mylar . Could you give me some more information on the
problems you are having setting up the monitor log if that doesn't
help?

Also, please let me know if you have any other problems using the
monitor to upload and analyze the monitor-history files.  Note that
the server side scripts were written for Unix and need to be changed a
bit if you're using a Windows server.  I have modified copies that I
could share with you if you need them.

hope that helps,
meghan