Re: [mylar-dev] Need advice on how to go about implementing a connector

On 12/17/06, Peter Thomas <ptrthomas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) I'm testing by doing "Run Eclipse Application" and my plugin is shown as loaded when I check About --> Plug-in Details.  But I'm not able to see "JTrac" in the list of available repository types.  What is the trick to getting a new entry into the list of choices when you try to "Add Task Repository".  I've implemented AbstractRepositoryConnectorUi and AbstractRepositoryConnector.  Admittedly, since I am trying to get just a "vertical slice" working, some of the AbstractRepositoryConnector methods are returning null, though I tried my best to focus on the ones that matter.  I have tried to set the "Extensions" just like the Trac connector etc.

I've been able to get past the above problem, since I had a couple of explicit jar entries in plugin:Runtime-->Classpath, I had to have "." also which I had missed, so I had errors on startup.  I discovered the eclipse runtime ".log" file also :) so am getting better at this and hopefully out of the newbie phase.

Would like to know your thoughts on questions 2) and 3) in my previous mail - thanks.

Back to the top