Re: [mylar-dev] Support question

Hello Mik,

Okay, great. I look forward working with you guys. From the first couple of days integrating there are a few things i noticed that might be helpful to others trying to integrate.

What would be really nice is there could be just a little more javadoc (yeah, sorry..). I know that this is stuff for 1.0 but one clear line in most cases is just fine.

What also would be helpful is that there is some kind of field glossary that would elaborate on the different fields that go into the API. It could just be my inexperience but i feel that the same fields are named differently across the API e.g. taskurl, taskid, id. I will try to regex a field list out of the sources with the public field names and get back on that.
Regarding the source builds, we have been documenting the suggested
workspace setup here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar_Integrator_Reference#Workspace_Setup
The proposed setup can not be used because in our particular situation we need to build on the 3.2 release. There have been a lot of noise from our QC when new API's where used we had to refactor. So when i download, some sources cannot be build but that has not stopped us yet.
However, for the 1.0 release we need to re-think this.  So my question to
you, and other integrators, is how you would like to be consuming the
sources.  I think that we have three options:
I would suggest you'd go for option 1 just because its a standard. What I really like are the project set files. so in addition, you could make a clear link in the wiki where the psf files for different versions can be found. \

Best regards,

Wim
1) Make them available with the release, as Eclipse does.  A bit of bloat in
the site zip, but these can be an optional feature on the update site.
2) Make a separate download available with each release (as we do now, but
don't make it easy enough to find).
3) Make it easier and more clear how to check out a tagged release.

(1) seems like a good idea, and I like (3) because working against a
checked-out version will encourage integrators to submit patches.
Mik