[mylar-dev] connection timeouts

It looks like current bugzilla slowness on eclipse.org highlighted several issues including some inconsistent error handling and absence of retry.

I already pointed out earlier that not loading task info in the background makes user to wait when server roundrip will be completed on editor opening. Which is quite noticeable, but also adds some confusion if task has the stale data and refresh failed. I've seen that rich editor has missing comment comparing to browser tab in the same editor.

What is even worse is that failures on submission. In this case request timed out with all kind of errors. So, task is staying in "outgoing" status, but in fact comment actually made to the server and on second submit you can get either mid air collision, or for new task duplicates can be created.

One of the great features of Mylar is the offline task support, but those issues are killing all the benefits. I wonder if there could be some easy fix for that stuff, perhaps increase some timeouts or make them configurable...

 regards
 Eugene

Back to the top