Re: [mylar-dev] bugs.eclipse.org slowness

By the way, Mik. This slowness only proved my complaints about prefetching query hits and changed task info.

Now on opening task Mylar is fetching changed data from the server and it takes way to much time for the UI interaction initiated by user. If that would of done in the background, users wouldn't notice any slowness on opening tasks. It would be really great if that fixed for 1.0...

 regards,
 Eugene

Mik Kersten wrote:
The server upgrades being done seem to be slowing bugs.eclipse.org to a
crawl at certain times.  This gets annoying because when Mylar times out you
have to resynch your bugs, etc.
I have noticed that this is worst when background synchs are running, since
those are hitting the server.  So to cope until they fixed this I have
temporarily turned off my background synchs on Preferences -> Mylar -> Tasks
and suggest others do the same if they are seeing similar problems.  I think
that the server upgrades should be done pretty soon.

Mik

--
Mik Kersten, http://kerstens.org/mik
Mylar Project Lead, http://eclipse.org/mylar