Re: [mylar-dev] Split Sandbox Feature

Mik Kersten wrote:

The split should happen this week.

  I wonder what plugin web connector's code should go into? WebTask is
already sitting in org.eclipse.mylar.tasks.core, so maybe web connector
should go in there too, and its UI in org.eclipse.mylar.tasks.ui? There
is not that much code, so may not worth to create two separate plugins
just for that.

It is now either simple enough or close to simple enough to make available
with the release, so yes, it should make it into 0.9 assuming that we can
get the final streamlining done.  The one remaining question I have is
whether it should go out with generic templates as the default, or with
project-specific templates that users then modify.

 Right now I don't think we need project-specific templates.

 I don't see any controversies here. We can still have predefined
templates in the extension point and allow user to edit/import/export
them to be stored in Eclipse settings. Similarly to Editor's templates.
 This second part can probably go after 0.9 release.

Eugene: could you update the documentation in the FAQ, and include simple
instructions on how to get set up on a couple of common repositories?

  Hopefully I'll get into this somewhere closer to the end of the week...

Here's another thing that I think would help usability a lot.  For each
template, include a 1-2 sentence on instructions for how to get the
parameters needed.  Then display these instructions on the Task Repository
Properties page.  For example, for SourceForge they would be something like:
"Retrieve the atid and group_id values from the URL for your project's bug
tracker, and set these in the table below.  E.g. ?group_id=69325&atid=524143
has an atid of "524143".".

 Interesting idea. I can do this for default templates. Should it go
into a custom property or we'll need a specialized properties that could
be used by other repositories?

 Another question, should this setting be shown on repository settings
page or only on query page?

  regards,
  Eugene

Back to the top