RE: [mylar-dev] zest

The Zest page is currently linked from the Wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar

But what you are noticing is that we currently have a problem with the way
that the Zest component is presented within the Mylar project.  Last July we
made Zest a Mylar component thinking that there would be a high level of
interdependency between the two projects
(http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/mylar-dev/msg00008.html).  But driven
by users' needs Mylar's focus turned away from visualizing context and
towards task management.  In parallel Zest became largely inactive (only 18
bugs resolved in that first year).  So for a while we considered the
component and its committers inactive and didn't get around to doing much
about it hope that the situation would change.  The omission of Ian from the
Committers on the team page is simply a mistake because we were considering
making a separate page for the Zest component committers and never did so.
I've corrected this: http://eclipse.org/mylar/team.php

But Zest activity has been picking up (e.g. 35 reports resolved since July),
and we still believe that we have a strong use case for visualizing context
using Zest (e.g. see discussion on
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/mylar-dev/msg00345.html).  The Sandbox
could serve as a good mechanism for experimentation here.

Ian: why don't you add an agenda item to tomorrow's meeting regarding Zest
so that we can discuss integration and how to update the web site in order
to make it easier for others like Eugene to consume?

Mik