[mylar-dev] Re: CVS API changes yesterday

Hi Mik,

Mik Kersten schrieb:
> It's responsible for supplying the keys for attributes that should be stored
> for the task (e.g. severity).  Take a look at JiraAttributeFactory, but note
> that we probably won't force connectors to implement this if they would not
> be storing any attributes besides what's on ITask (which the default
> tasklist externalizer will store).

I stumbled several times over the AttributeFactory. One example (where
I can't ignore it so easily) is getContextAttachments in
AbstractRepositoryConnector. This method should return
Set<RepositoryAttachment>.

And RepositoryAttachment does rely heavily on AttributeFactory (as it
is an AttributeContainer). Imho it would be better just to return a
set of something similar to the old IRemoteContextDelegate than
requiring to return a RepositoryAttachment with all the stuff it
implies.

Another thing that I don't like in the implementation of
RepositoryAttachment/AttributeContainer is that everything is stored
in Strings internally. Maybe its just personal taste but we had this
type of design here some months ago and it was just horrible. At the
end nearly everything was thrown away and redone. To be fair: The old
implementation was done by people who didn't like unit testing. Now we
are using Java types everywhere (a Date is a Date, is a Date, ...) and
works _much_ better!

I can see that your RepositoryAttachment is okay with the Bugzilla
implementation but from my point of view it would be much easier if
you would just require an interface.

--
Felix

Back to the top