[mylar-dev] welcome Google Summer of Code students

We are pleased to announce that the following two Mylar projects were approved the Google Summer of Code. Both students came up with excellent proposals that will help to benefit and expand the Mylar user community:

* Jeff Pound: Enhancing Mylar's Bugzilla Connector
* Steffen Pingel: Mylar Trac Connector

Jeff is a student and the University if Alberta. He previously extended the Platform/Team Bugzilla plug-in to form what is now the Fedora Eclipse Bugzilla plug-in, and has some great ideas for making the Mylar Bugzilla Connector entirely replace the need to use the Web UI.

Steffen is a student at the University of Stuttgart, and has worked on numerous open source tools (http://steffenpingel.de/projects). His project address a key community need since a connector for the open source Wiki-based Trac repository is our most requested enhancement request (19 votes).

Please join me in welcoming Jeff and Steffen. We would also like to thank Google for running this great program (http://code.google.com/soc/). Refer to our Wiki page for more information and status of the summer projects, and chime in with ideas on the corresponding bug reports.

  http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylar

Mik

--
Mik Kersten, http://kerstens.org/mik