RE: [mylar-dev] interest for issues

Yes, we had a prototype quality version of that working and the ideas and
motivation are based on the Hipikat work.  I'm hoping that we re-enable it
in the UI not too long after Active Search gets its revamp, tentatively
scheduled for 0.4.10.

The way the prototype worked is that if an element became a landmark the
Bugzilla related elements provider would find all reports that referred to
that element.  I used it a bit but not enough to figure out how helpful it
was.  What I would like now is an additional provider that finds all reports
that refer to the active one (e.g. via a reference like "bug 123", or an
explicit dependency).  There are fancier Hipikat like heuristics that could
be applied to find relevant reports, but that's more of a research problem,
and our current goal is to provide the task context and implicit search
infrastructure that fancier providers to be built on.

Mik

Back to the top