Re: [mylar-dev] Could not create Browser Page:

This is actually a Linux configuration error with Eclipse. If you start eclipse and select the welcome screen you probably don't see the nice purple page. You probably see some white, ugly looking intro screen.

I can't seem to find the article that talks about this problem, but basically Eclipse doesn't know where your browser it. Each Linux distro puts it in a different place so Eclipse can't easily find it. You should set a environment variable:

MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

and set it to your mozilla lib directory.  Mine is set to /usr/lib/mozilla

Cheers,
Ian

Brad Clements wrote:
I'm using Trac, and when creating a new Mylar task I thought I'd try pasting the Trac url into the "Web Link" section of the Task summary.

When I save the summary I get this pop-up

Could not create Browser page: No more Handles [Unknown Mozilla Path (MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME not set)]

I'm on CentOS Linux with jdk 1.5

What is Mozilla_five_home?

When I configure Eclipse to use the external browser, it works fine (it uses Firefox)

And, why is mylar trying to open the browser when I save the task?

Sorry if this is a FAQ..

Back to the top