Re: [mylar-dev] Interest calculation rules

Indeed, I do not usually link package explorer with editor... let me try
to turn it on.

Couple of thoughts though

Linking with editor does not help with new projects and folders as no
editor is opened upon their creation.

I am not 100% convienced about "has to be triggered by user" part yet.
More specifically, I am very interested in all locally changed files (as
in "compared to version from CVS") and I do not really care if I changed
these files directly, they were changed as a result of refactoring or
were changed on filesystem. Not sure what is the desired behaviour here...

Mik Kersten wrote:
(sorry, hit send too soon)

The two options I see are:
1) Have Mylar monitor the creation of new resources
2) Automatically turn on Link with Editor on the Package Explorer and
Navigator when in filtered mode, and revert to previous state when filtered
mode is toggled off.

(1) is problematic because it would be very hard to determine whether a new
resource creation was something triggered by the user, and would involve
adding brittle heuristics to determine this.  So I'm leaning towards (2)
because the Mylar mode on a tree view makes a lot more sense when it's in
Linked Mode.  The only reason I can see for not wanting it clicked on is
when your context gets big enough to get a scrollbar, but we can deal with
that by having a "no scrollbar" mode that automatically adapts the interest
filter threshold.  And of course you could still click it off when needed.

Mik