[mylar-dev] support for Spring IDE

Mik Kersten wrote:

Alef, Erik, I've been a big proponent of Spring since I wrote an article
contrasting it with other AOP tools (google: aop tools).  I think that the
Spring Framework has a very bright future, and am very interested in making
sure that Mylar works well for Spring developers like yourselves and Eugene.

First of all let me clarify that I am not a Spring developer, but rather active Spring and Spring AOP user. :-)

We already have support for modeling the interest of XML elements, and had a
prototype XML Buddy extension that did outline view filtering and active
folding of XML, and currently do Outline filtering for build.xml and
plugin.xml.  To get that functionality to Spring developers would
integrating with WTP's XML editor/model suffice?  Also, please do post any
other Spring-specific ideas that you come across.

I believe that Spring IDE for eclipse only support XML editor from WTP (including enriched outline and Spring-aware code completion). So, it would be great if Mylar could filter out interest degree for that view as well as for Spring Beans view specific for Spring IDE.

It would be also cool if Active Search would find references to/from Spring application context (I just not sure if it is a job for Spring IDE or for Mylar):

-- references declared in Spring context
-- dynamic lookups trough BeanFactory subclasses
-- dynamic lookups without obtaining instance of BeanFactory. E.g. static ServiceLocator.getBean(name). This could be quite tricky because some hardcoded mappings could be used, like creating ClassPathXmlApplicationContext manually or with ContextSingletonBeanFactoryLocator.getInstance() (even indirectly from convenience EJB classes)

  regards,
  Eugene

Back to the top