Re: [mylar-dev] issue-tracking repositories proposal

Michael,
Sorry, I meant research in very loss terms (i.e. we developed the original prototype and had some discussions about what might be possible). There is no supporting documentation. As for your comments on where to store the Mylar context, I have had conversations about this with others and the conclusion was that you probably don't want to store it in Bugzilla since it only has meaning from inside Mylar. It would probably be better for Mylar to provide a link from a bug to the context which is stored using another means (perhaps in CVS;-).

As for the commit scenario you describe, you could probably do it using the CVS CommitWizard class. All you really need is the ability to trigger the wizard (which already exists but in non-API form) and the ability to prime the comment (this isn't there but shouldn't be a large modification). You may also need to get some return code from the wizard to indicate the result sof the commit (again, you would probably need to add this).
  Is there are chance that Team plugin can expose a generic API for invoking commit wizards? Then Subclipse and other version control providers can contribute to this API.

  regards,
  Eugene

Back to the top