RE: [mylar-dev] this week's plan

Hi Philippe,

You make some really good points.  We've struggled a lot with how to go
about pleasing UBC ethics while being open, warm and fuzzy.  You prompted us
to again explore opening the sources early, but due to our ethics
application the tradeoff that we're stuck with is that the monitor is hosted
privately at UBC for the next 6-8 weeks before moving to eclipse.org.

Please note: The monitor only uploads two files over http, a usage log and
error log (<workspace>/.mylar/workspace.xml and mylar-log.txt) and before
uploading shows you everything that it is going to send so that you can view
the files, and provides the URL it will use.  Beyond getting my assurance,
subjects can look up our UBC ethics application (B05-0348 Reducing
Information Overload) that gives UBC's assurance that this is the only data
we are allowed to collect.  You could also assure yourself 100% by setting
up a proxy server to monitor the traffic during the upload (you can kick off
the upload wizard manually by hitting <ctrl>-N, and selecting the Mylar
upload wizard).  If you actually do that it would be great if you could post
the results so that others can share your warm and fuzzies :)

I'm hope that you don't find the wait for the monitor sources too long, and
that this restriction does not prevent too many people from participating in
the study.

Mik