Re: [mpc-dev] remediation testing in mpc

Hi Ian,

I checked the Oracle entries and it is a problem with the entries
themselves. It looks to me that these are entries were meant for Juno
since the dependencies don't align with what is in Kepler.

For example the "Cloud tools" fails to install because it has a dependency
on JFace up to 3.9 excluded and the version of JFace in KEpler is 3.9

For Oracle DB tools and ADF Tools, they both fail because they have a
dependency on the bundle org.eclipse.wst.server.core up to 1.5 excluded
but the version in Kepler that I'm installed from the Kepler repo is 1.5.

Pascal

On Sun, June 2, 2013 12:25, Ian Skerrett wrote:
> All,
>

> I did some testing of the remediation support we have in MPC. I was using
> RC2 Standard package in Windows 7 64-bit.
>

> I installed the following Marketplace listings via the MPC, first with
> remediation disabled and second with remediation enabled.
>

> 1.      Sonar - failed witout remedation;  passes with remediation
>
> 2.      Maven for WTP - failed without remediation; passes with
> remediation
>
> 3.      STS for Eclipse Juno
> <http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/spring-tool-suite-sts-eclipse-juno-4
> 2#.UattqUDVA1M>  (4.2 and 3.8) - failed without remediation; passes with
> remediation
>
> 4.      Github for Mylyn - did not test without remediation but pretty
> sure
> it would fail; passes with remediation
>
> 5.      Chronon - passes with and without remediation
>
> 6.      P4Eclipse - failed without remediation; passes with remediation
> NOTE: not sure but it seems this plugin also downloaded CDT?
>
> 7.      Oracle ADF Tools for Helios - did not test without remediation;
> fails with remediation
>
> 8.      Oracle ADF Tools for Kepler - did not test without remediation;
> fails with remediation
>
> 9.      Oracle Enterprise Pack for Kepler - did not test without
> remediation; fails with remediation
>

> The last two seem odd considering the name of the listing but I suspect it
> is something wrong with their update site. Pascal would you mind looking
> at
> these last two.
>

> Carsten and anyone else, have you had a chance to test. I am fine with
> have
> remediation enabled for RC3 but I would like to see what other people have
> done for testing.
>

> Ian

Back to the top