From: Pascal Rapicault [mailto:pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: May-28-13 11:27 AM
To: Ian Skerrett
Cc: pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Communication between MPC committers'
Subject: RE: [mpc-dev] Critical Bug in MPC

In order to see the remediation, you need to find combinations of things
that are incompatible with each others so the remediation kicks in. And
admittedly, the ecosystem is so backward compatible that it is sometimes
hard to find :)

Through most of the development I either used the JBoss, JRebel or
specifically crafted metadata.
For JRebel, I've been able to reproduce it by first removing from my
installation all the existing p2 repos, and then doing the install from
MarketPlace. To remove repos, go to Preferences > install / update >
Available software site and delete all entries.
Maybe this trick will help with triggering more often.

I know that you are mostly interested in testing MPC itself, but since the
remediation support which seems to be your main point of concerned, is
almost entirely coming from the p2 (including the remediation page), you may
also want to try out plain p2 and the scenario that Markus has been
mentioning.

HTH

Pascal

On Tue, May 28, 2013 08:36, Ian Skerrett wrote:
> Pascal,
>

> Thank you for this list. It is great that all these plugins install
> correctly but it seems we need more test cases that actually test the
> remediation code. Besides JBoss Tools what else can be installed that
> will test remediation?
>

> Here is a list of solutions that have the highest numbers of
> unsuccessful installs.
>

> 1             Maven Integration for Eclipse WTP (Incubation)
>
> 2             EGit - Git Team Provider
>
> 3             JBoss Tools (Juno)
>
> 4             Maven Integration for Eclipse
>
> 5             Spring Tool Suite (STS) for Eclipse Juno (3.8 + 4.2)
>
> 6             Eclipse Visual Editor
>
> 7             Sonar
>
> 8             Android Development Tools for Eclipse
>
> 9             Subversive - SVN Team Provider
>
> 10           JBoss Tools (Indigo)
>
> 11           GitHub Mylyn Connector
>
> 12           P4Eclipse
>
> 13           JBoss Developer Studio (Juno)
>
> 14           Spring IDE
>
> 15           eUML2 Studio edition
>
> 16     %

Back to the top