[mpc-dev] Marketplace questions

Hi all,

I’ve been playing a bit with the Eclipse Marketplace recently, and I’ve found it quite helpful for quickly adding solutions to my Eclipse as well as sharing  a listing of solutions with somebody else (via my “starred solutions”).

I have some questions though:

1.       Is it OK for me to add a listing to Eclipse Marketplace for some 3rd party plugin not owned by me ? I’ve found a number of solutions which are unfortunately not listed on Marketplace today, but I’d like to have them there to benefit from the easy install experience.

2.       Is there a way I could define some “virtual users” of Eclipse Marketplace, in order to define some focused listings of solutions? For instance, I’d like to define one listing “cool tools for java developers” and another “cool tools for C/C++ developers” by means of having 2 virtual users starring those solutions respectively.

3.       I’ve found various references how people can run their own marketplace independent of the Eclipse marketplace; it has to be a Webserver with a conforming REST API that’s up and reachable most of the time. Does the Eclipse Foundation provide the scripts / server-side code to run such a marketplace ? Or is there any other help I could get if we (Wind River) would want to run a marketplace of our own that caters to our clients ?

4.       When adding a listing, I see that it supports a single “update site URL” only. Unfortunately, some solutions have dependencies on other items so it would make sense to include additional p2 repositories in addition to the master site when resolving dependencies. Is that possible somehow ? Could maybe my master repository specify what additional child repositories need to be contacted for resolving dependencies ?

As an example for (4), I want to add a listing for this:

TCF Target Explorer Terminals:

Repo = http://download.eclipse.org/tools/tcf/builds/development/nightly

FeatureID = org.eclipse.tcf.te.terminals.feature.feature.group

Required-Repo = http://download.eclipse.org/tm/builds/development/nightly

Of course I’d make sure that the “nightly” repos are replaced by “released” or “milestone” ones for the real listing, but what I really need is a way to guarantee access / resolving of TM dependencies from the main TCF repo.

Many thanks for any pointers !

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top