[mosquitto-dev] Question about handling keepalive messages with external epoll event loop

Hello all,

I have a single thread application that implements its own event loop with epoll. It implements reading from some devices, and publishes mqtt messages based on the values read.

So epoll monitors file descriptors from the devices managed and mosquitto file descriptor.

This is all fairly standard, but I have a problem that the application disconnects after the keepalive time, and the question is how to handle keepalive messages in an external epoll managed event-loop ?

if someone has worked out that use-case OR can point me to testcode or documentation about that it would be nice.

Thanks in advance, Henrique Marks

--
Henrique Marks
henriquemarks@xxxxxxxxx