Re: [mosquitto-dev] How to address CVE-2023-28366 in older versions of mosquitto

Hi Markus,

Recently the maintainership of Mosquitto is Debian was taken over by the Debian IoT team: https://packages.qa.debian.org/m/mosquitto.html

I'm not sure about backporting to 1.5.x, as has been mentioned it's a pretty old release now and there have been lots of changes.

With regards supporting old releases, I've taken the view that I'll make a best effort to support versions that are in currently supported distributions, but with no guarantees. I've taken "currently supported" to mean main lifetime support, not extended type support like Debian LTS or Ubuntu extended support. Unless it's easy of course.

I can take a look if you think it's particularly important to support this version.

Regards,

Roger