Re: [mosquitto-dev] [DynamicSecurity] Clarification on Encrypted password generation

Hi Shan,

It uses a PKCS#5 PBKDF2 hash function, with a sha512 digest and
(currently) a 12 byte salt. Both salt and resulting hash are stored
base64 encoded.

The openssl call for the hashing is:

       PKCS5_PBKDF2_HMAC(password, (int)strlen(password),
           pw->salt, sizeof(pw->salt), iterations,
           digest, (int)hash_len, pw->password_hash);

Regards,

Roger