Re: [mosquitto-dev] What are these errors?

On Mar 30, 2022, at 14:33, Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You mention you have entries in /etc/hosts.allow, are you actively
using this for mosquitto?

I admit I don't know. It's a Rackspace server, and there's a lot of entries in there, many of them for just sshd, and a few for ALL, but all of them appear to be for Rackspace to do their thing.

I'm not actively turn anything on/off to cause mosquitto to access that. I don't understand TLS at a super depth, I just know I get a cert from letsencrypt and point mosquitto at that. Is there something I should be turning off somewhere so that mosquitto doesn't need to do this error prone reverse lookup? Or is that an essential piece of TLS communications?

Back to the top