Re: [mosquitto-dev] Unable to open pwfile when using mosquitto Docker image

Hi Giles,

changing the ownership of the folder /mosquitto (and recursively all sub folders) inside the container to mosquitto:mosquitto is part of the docker-entrypoint.sh script starting the broker in the container. The intention is to avoid any kind of permission/owership problems.

But the ownership of your file inside the container still looks strange. Could you please try to change permission of the password file to 666 using:
sudo chmod 666 /volume1/mosquitto/data/mosquitto.password_file
(You may need to execute it with root permission as the folder/file might belong to a userid, which does not exist on the host).

Then give it a new try. This would help to see, if we have a permission problem with the file.

If this does not help please try to view the content (e.g. cat) of the file inside the container using the mosquitto user:
su mosquitto
less /mosquitto/data/mosquitto.password_file
(Use q to quit the less).

Best,
Norbert