Re: [mosquitto-dev] Trouble with wills and retain, not sure where

Greg Troxel <gdt@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm runing mosquitto 2.0.12 on NetBSD 9 amd64, and py-paho-mqtt 1.6.1 on
> python 3.8.
>
> I have also noticed other sensors failing to have the will work when
> they go offline (power, network), but I need to go back and check/update
> their (nodemcu) code.
>
> I know wills used to work for me, but I don't remember when.
>
> This is a long way of asking: Is anybody else on 2.0.12 seeing wills be
> correctly executed?  Seeing problems?  Any other advice?

It turns out that mosquitto had two releases beyond 2.0.12, 2.0.13 and
2.0.14, and 2.0.13 documents fixing this.

  http://mosquitto.org/blog/2021/10/version-2-0-13-released/
  https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/issues/2314

I had no idea there was a release beyond 2.0.12.  Perhaps I was just not
paying attention, or maybe there wasn't an announcement on the list?
Usually I update pkgsrc and my systems right away.

The good news is that now pkgsrc has 2.0.14, and it works again.  I get
wills executed, with my online topic set to OFF.

Greg