[mosquitto-dev] Docker container run as root

Hi,

 I hope this is the right place for this "feature request".

I know it is not a great idea to run as root, but I need to access the cert files (for tls/ssl) in a mounted volume...and these files are 600 owned by root in the host (so also in the container).
If there is an alternative way, I'll appreciate any suggestions.

semi-OT: a my curiosity, why does mosquitto process runs as mosquito user (1883)?

I'm seeing the files:
https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/blob/1c79920d78321c69add9d6d6f879dd73387bc25e/docker/2.0/docker-entrypoint.sh (no "su" cmd)
https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/blob/1c79920d78321c69add9d6d6f879dd73387bc25e/docker/2.0/Dockerfile (no "USER" key)
but I don't find out the point where you switch from root to mosquito user (uid 0 to 1883)

I'm not a docker/linux expert :)

Thanks in advance,
Emanuele

Back to the top