[mosquitto-dev] Introspecting information about last wills in Mosquitto

Hi everyone,

I am writing some automated acceptance tests for robots that use MQTT for communication. One of the steps is to ensure that the robot's MQTT client has set a last will.

Assuming that I have root access to the machine where Mosquitto is running, is there a way to check this programmatically?

I'd like to avoid the need of having a human to physically walk to the robot and unplug its antenna or perform some other action to actually provoke a real "client disconnected ungracefully" situation. The $SYS topics didn't provide anything that seemed useful for this goal, so I'd like to tap into the collective mind to find some potential approaches I could try. If there's no direct solution, perhaps there would be a "next best alternative"?

Thank you forward,
Alex

Back to the top