Re: [mosquitto-dev] Is there a broker API?

The API should provide a way to:
- inspect and modify packets sent
- work with an existing event loop (similar to libmosquitto)
- be run inside of a process of the user's choice, which would allow for easier monitoring

The motivation for this is increased flexibility (by inspecting and hooking the "main plumbing" of the MQTT infrastructure) and easier integration with existing codebases as I mentioned

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 1:49 PM Greg Troxel <gdt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yuval Tovi <yuvaltv7@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The client API (libmosquitto) is great, but is there a similar API for an
> MQTT broker?
> I am familiar with mosquitto.c and the rest of the broker code itself, but
> it is extremely inconvenient to integrate into an existing codebase

What do you think should be in a broker API, and why?

Back to the top