Re: [mosquitto-dev] Question about storing messages in the heap of broker

For a datapoint, I have been running mosquitto on netbsd-8 since 20
February, with moderate activity and an outgoing bridge, and it is at 23
MB process size, 4M RSS.

A similar process started since 19 February is 19MB/4M.  This one has 3
clients reporting once/minute, another 2 every 2 minutes, and weather
from a third every 5, plus incoming bridge traffic.

I wonder if you would be better off using a malloc library that has
these debugging features built in, with the normal analysis tools.

My impression is that mosquitto does not have  any really bad leaks, but
there could be minor issues.  Lots of people are running it and there
aren't screams of bad memory behavior.    I don't mean to doubt your
reality; it could be not bad but observable because you are paying
attention, or only happens in your environment.  Or you could be the
first to really look.

Back to the top