Re: [mosquitto-dev] starting on windows : 64 clients max??

Hi Leger,

It's possible that is out of date, but having a quick look at the
libwebsockets code I think it is still correct, I'm afraid. The
Windows calls that libwebsockets use only support 64 connections at
once. This only affects the websockets connections, the normal MQTT
connections are not limited in this way.

The way to work around this is to get libwebsockets to change (which
is unlikely), or possibly to make use of the libuv support in
libwebsockets, which *presumably* but not definitely doesn't have this
limit. I don't know how easy that would be to get working with
Mosquitto and I'm afraid it isn't a priority right at the moment. I'd
be happy to look at submissions for it though.

Sorry that's not more help. My other suggestion would be maybe running
it on a raspberry pi, that should be ok for what you want assuming
your 80 clients aren't sending very high message rates.

Regards,

Roger