Re: [mosquitto-dev] Info about V5 implementation ?

Make sure that you updated your mosquitto client tools as well, since they are normally packaged separately. Look to see the version number of the 'mosquitto_sub' application that you are using to talk to the broker:
$ mosquitto_sub --help | head -n2
mosquitto_sub is a simple mqtt client ...
mosquitto_sub version 1.6.4 running on libmosquitto 1.6.4.

$ mosquitto_sub -V 5 -v -t \$SYS/broker/version
$SYS/broker/version mosquitto version 1.6.4
^C

Frank