[mosquitto-dev] bridge experience - great!

Earlier I wrote about basically doc issues setting up a bridge.   I want
to report on how well bridging has actually worked.

I had several clients that published to a remote broker, and a home
assistant instance that subscribed.   I then set up a broker on the HA
machine, and bridging.

I moved 1 client and HA, and everything kept working, with the bridges
just mirroring everything.

I just flipped the last client, and it reported to the local broker, and
all was well.  Except, the remote broker published the lwt message
("OFF") *after* the local one reconnected.  So the sensor was reporting
values, but was registered as down.

I don't see this as fixable (or that it should be fixed), and cycling
the local broker, causing the sensor to restart and republish the ON
message worked.  Really I'm surprised I had such short downtime that
with a 60s keepalive the sensor one got back up before the remote broker
timed it out.

Anyway - my point is that the "bridge everything both ways" setup, which
is a bit crazy, really did work with no trouble, and my transition from
one remote broker to also haeing a local one was very smooth.

Back to the top