[mosquitto-dev] python client gets stuck

I took over a project, I've spent a few hours and think I understand things well enough  (but maybe not)  to know this should not be happening:

publish is waiting over a minute to publish, the program seems stuck, so I hit ^c and see:

  File "score.py", line 48, in pub_timerEnd
    self.client.publish("timer/end", payload=payload)
  File "/home/runr/score/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1157, in publish
    rc = self._send_publish(local_mid, topic, local_payload, qos, retain, False, info)
  File "/home/runr/score/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 2304, in _send_publish
    return self._packet_queue(PUBLISH, packet, mid, qos, info)
  File "/home/runr/score/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 2545, in _packet_queue
    self._call_socket_register_write()
  File "/home/runr/score/venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 1905, in _call_socket_register_write
    with self._callback_mutex:
KeyboardInterrupt

I have seen this a bunch, but haven't figured out how to reproduce it.

There were some other clients running come C code that were also have problems and the server was downgraded to 1.14.16, which seemed to make things better but then someone found a problem with the C code is though to be the root of that problem, but we aren't to keen on changing server version unless  someone thinks it would be the cause of this problem I am sing in the python code.

--
Carl K

Back to the top