[mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto upgrade broke my client

I've got a few programs that stopped being able to talk to my MQTT server after a 1.6.x upgrade.

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to work with.

Jul 08 12:27:25 eve mosquitto: New client connected from 127.0.0.1 as influxerprod (p2, c1, k300).
Jul 08 12:27:25 eve mosquitto: Sending CONNACK to influxerprod (0, 0)
Jul 08 12:27:25 eve mosquitto: Received SUBSCRIBE from influxerprod
Jul 08 12:27:25 eve mosquitto: Socket error on client influxerprod, disconnecting.

So there's something it now decides is wrong with my subscription request, but it won't tell me what it is.  It had been working for a good while under 1.5.x, but as of 1.6.3, I just get hung up on.

Can anyone offer any debugging advice?  Having worked in the past doesn't guarantee I'm doing everything correctly, but it seemed pretty solid relative to my understanding of mqtt.

I intended to update my client to support v5 at some point, but it's been working reliably for a while, so it's not been urgent.

Back to the top