Re: [mosquitto-dev] get the connection events of clients

> > In the meantime, have you any idea why some rows of the log are not
> > written in real time?
> > If this flaw can be solved easily, that would be enough for me.
> >
> > Luca
> >

> Mosquitto doesn't flush the buffer after each line
> unfortunately.

It doesn't flush on every line because you don't actually want it
to, you just believe you do. (I know, I know, everybody lives
being spoken too)

If it was flushing all the time you'd be seeing substantially
higher blocking io and reduced throughput on busy brokers. It's a
log file, not an API.

However, that's the _file_

You can merrily configure syslog reporting and have your syslog
listener do whatever it likes! (I still recommend using auth
plugins and/or app levelrather than attempting to parse logs)

Cheers,
Karl P