[mosquitto-dev] session resumption using session ids in mqtt

Hello,

I have wrote the paho-client programs( 1-publisher ,1-subscriber) using C. And I am able to transmit the data through mosquitto broker with TLSv2. Now i want to enable session resumption using session ID.

What changes are to be done in my mosquitto broker configuration file and in my client C programs...

Openssl says server needs to generate session ids, which means mosquitto in this context. However, mosquitto.conf has no option to setup a cache (storing session ids). I have traced the packets through Wireshark , packets are encrypted, but every time a new session ticket is sent. I just want to optimize the handshake by using session resumption(preferably using session IDs ).

Thank you

Back to the top